We, IATEFL-Hungary – the International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language – Hungary, believe in a future where quality, professional development and equal opportunities in English language learning and teaching are properly appreciated in Hungary.
We have been a key figure in English language teaching in Hungary for 25 years and have built a prestigious and ever-growing network of ideas and professionals. We can help our members take control of their professional career and play an active role in shaping English language education.
Our members include practising primary and secondary school teachers, as well as teachers in higher education and language schools. Many of our members are also involved in materials writing, testing and assessment, teacher education, educational management and various activities related to the profession of English Language Teaching. We are a member of the UK based IATEFL International.
- a dynamically developing professional community
- up-to-date information on opportunities for professional development
- an opportunity to participate in professional trainings for credit points
- contacts with English teachers from other national and international associations of language teachers
- the chance to represent us at professional conferences abroad
- a monthly e-newsletter
- registration at a reduced rate for our annual conference in October
- three issues of mELTing Pot (a magazine written by and for English teachers) on an annual basis
- Learnathon: a project to promote innovative mobile applications
- CITA – Erasmus+ Project: Cooperation in Teacher Associations
- Plant a tree – a 25th anniversary project
- Creative Café – on the first Friday of every month
- Summer Course – cooperation with RELO US Embassy
- Be a Dictionary Champion – with Akadémiai Kiadó
- ESP Course with Evan Frendo
- IATEFL BESIG Summer Symposium 2015
- 25th Silver Jubilee Conference in October